Sunday, November 17, 2013

36230, chapter 5

Chapter 5 is complete, and I'm at 36k words. About right for an 80k word novel in 12 chapters, but I can't help thinking I'm a bit behind (also I'm not sure if what i have planned for the leadup to the final scenes will actually work).

I had wanted to get through chapter 6 today, but it looks like I'll finish 06 tomorrow. Finishing 50,000 words will not be much trouble--I likely will have that Friday--but it'll be a lot harder to get the STORY done. That, I'm not so sure about.

The story itself should take at least 75k words--the question, of course, is whether or not I can get that many done in less than two weeks. I'm not quite halfway there, but I should pass 40,000 words tomorrow. But I don't think I'll have enough time, late in the week, to write all the words.

No comments: